Thursday, March 27, 2014

Holy Light Switch Batman!

So, for my second blog post I will once again embarrass my wife by telling a totally true story which will beg the question, why did she marry me?  Still trying to figure that out, but I guess that’s a post for a rainy/hurricane/sharknado day. 

Today was a very, very, very, very important day.  Its draft day for my fantasy baseball league, time to repeat as a champion.  Sorry Mr. Myers, but so the saying goes, if you are not first then you are last. So, to translate that, you were last place last year. 

I scheduled the live online draft for 8pm which gave me plenty of time to eat Teresa’s delicious dinner, give Kateri a bath, read her a book and say night prayers.  We were getting short on time and I had to go to the bathroom!  As I am in the bathroom I hear the draft bell start and Teresa yells to let me know.  I jumped to wash my hands and, as I turned the light off, I shocked myself and came bouncing out of the bathroom like a jungle monkey with my pants down! BUT I did not miss my first pick, score!  Welcome to my team Mr. Kershaw!

We are painting our hallway bathroom so the freaking light switch plate was off and in my rush stuck my wet fantasy baseball hand into the wires.  Anyways I am pretty happy with my team and I can feel my finger again so all is well.  After the draft, I was feeling pretty stressed so my saint of a wife gave me a back rub, sorry boys she is all mine.  Can’t wait for opening day!!!

3 comments: