Friday, February 10, 2017

What they said

Lately, we have all had a cold, maybe slightly more than a cold since fevers and croup have been involved as well. 
Kateri asked over and over again to try a cough drop, and each time I would give her one, she assured me she really wanted it. But, inevitably, after trying it again she would change her mind and toss it in the trash. Finally, after a very strict, "this is the LAST TIME you get to try one" ultimatum, Kateri: (coming up to me and patting her tummy) The thing for coughs is in my tummy! I will be better now! 

(later)

Kateri: Mommy, can I please have a hiccup? 
Took me a few moments, but I realized she meant "cough drop"






Kateri: (Running out of her room and yelling at Bash who is making noise) I am trying to sleep, YOU MUSTACHE!

(ouch!)


Kateri: Mama, where is my doll?
Me: (pointing it out on the counter) It's right over yonder, see it?
Kateri: Yeah! In the pawpaw patch!




As we careen around a curve on the windy road to St Andrews (yes, slightly late for Mass):
Kateri: (shouting) Hold on to your car seats!!!




After Sebastian trips and falls, and then lies down still
Me: Bashy, are you OK??
Bashy: (lifting head) No. NOT K!




And lastly, I usually don't record their conversations, but I had my phone with me during this one and just typed it up as they went. Probably I am the only one interested in this sort of thing (the sort of thing only a mother could love and all that). But it is a very accurate snapshot of how their games usually go, complete with Kateri coining a new word or two to suit her narrative. 

Bashy: Dinosaur coming, Teri!

Kateri: Yes! Yes it is. So we have to hide our little ones. (gathers up her baby dolls)

Bashy: Quick! HIDE!

Kateri: NO! You have to FIGHT the dinosaur, remember?

Bashy: Ok, I get my hammer and hit him!

Kateri: You have to wick him on the nose! Like this: Wick wack wick wack!

Bashy: (runs off and starts hitting things on the other side of the room, then runs back with a look of accomplishment and pride)

Kateri: Yes! You did it, Bashy! Bashy saved the day! He hit ALL the mean things!

Bashy: (proud smile spreads across his face)

Kateri: The monster was on the counter, Bashy squurked him off like this and he was dead forever! 



10 comments:

  1. These are so funny Teresa. I just loved them. Thank you for sharing.
    Uncle Bill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading and commenting, Uncle Bill! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed them 😄

      Delete
  2. These are so cute and had me laughing- haha, Kateri's words are priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these conversational snapshots! They are priceless!!! ☺😘☺😘

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilarious, Tee! I hope you don't mind that I copied you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so so glad you are writing yours!! I always love hearing what Sisi says (and Danny too!)

      Delete
  5. And for the record, you win the Mother/daughter photo contest of the year w/Chiara!

    ReplyDelete