Tuesday, February 28, 2017

What they said, vol 3

Kateri: It is so nice out! I want to go on a walk. It is so nice outside.
Seabstian (in a contrary mood, not getting his opposite quite right): No it is NOT. It's MEAN outside. It is MEAN. 



Me: Do you hear that?
Kateri: (listening)
Me: That is the sound of geese flying overhead.
Kateri: Actually, that is my friend, Charlotte the goose.


Do you think this would work in my house?

Me: (finally giving up on naptime) Kateri, you may come out from quiet time. Do you want to read a book with me?
K: No, thank you.
Me: Okay. Just be sure to be extra quiet because Sebastian and Kia are still sleeping.
K: (in a soft gentle voice with a sweet albeit mischievous smile) No, thank you.

Kateri took all of my tea towels to fold and organize over here. 




(While making a turn in the car, my precariously placed coffee spilled all over the console)
Me: Grrrrr
Kateri: Offer it up to Jesus!
Me: (silence)
Kateri: and Jesus will say, "What on Heck!"


Kateri helping Pat DJ Anatole and Keturah's wedding
Sebastian (as we go around a bend in the road on our way to Mass): We're going FAST, like Lightning McQueen!

Evidence of blackberries gone wild. If you want some, let me know. Shockingly there is even more to prune. And a full sized sofa came in that box, so there is no strange perspective!



Kateri: (showing Pat a doll) Her is growing really fast. Mama gave me a new outfit because she is SOOOOO big, an INCH. and fifty, fifty, fifty pounds
(she clearly has a grasp on measurement units!!)


Sebastian (running up to me growling): This is the nice lion. He is coming to EAT YOU. But he can lick me on my face!


Clark's winter finery


Which he just started shedding all over and is driving me nuts. 

Add caption

Me: See? Doesn't this look cute with the duckling?
Sebastian: HERE! Here is the lion.
Kateri: That does NOT look cute. It looks ANGRY




Kateri (talking on her doctor phone): This summer?? Well, we can't come this summer because Kia is still coughing at night.
(pausing to listen)
Kateri: You didn't see Kia in SOOOO long! She is CRAWLING!
(pausing)
Kateri: Yes, she is crawling, not walking.
(Pause)
Kateri: No, I can't stay at your house because you don't have two beds.
(Pause)
Kateri: No, no, no. I just . . .
(pause)
Kateri: OK!! (Puts phone down) MOM! Claire said we can go to her house this evening so we better hurry! I talked to her on the phone.



(Playing with the doctor kit)
Kateri: Do you want to call Dr Mimi or Dr Jeanne?
Sebastian: Dr Mimi
Kateri: OK. First, you push the six, see it?
Sebastian: (pushes the six)
Kateri: Now, you push all the numbers. See? That is how to call.
(yep, that is all there is to it!)




Kateri: (to Sebastian): Come on, Pat!
Kateri: (whispering to me as if sharing a great secret) I call him Pat because he is the Daddy.


2 comments:

  1. "What on heck"--this is such a cute blog post!!!!

    ❤😘❤😘❤😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, these are the best!! "It is MEAN" 😂 And the caption for the ottoman picture is spot on- clearly not decor for a house with kids!

    ReplyDelete