Friday, March 14, 2014

7 Quick Takes

~1~
So I'm not sure what a Lenten candle would smell like . . .

But I'm pretty sure it wouldn't smell like this:



But, I will say that after cleaning with vinegar, the house needs some kind of pick-me-up in the olfactory department. And after the lovely warm-weather teaser earlier this week and subsequent plunge back into arctic temperatures, I decided to bring a little spring inside. I absolutely love this candle. And it actually smells just like honeysuckle, so right now I feel like I am in a spring bower!

It does make me wonder what sort of candles could be qualified as 'Lenten'. All that comes to mind is purple candles smelling of incense. Which I have never seen. And probably don't exist! If you have an idea, let me know!


~2~

Here is Wrigley's current hair cut . . . or complete lack thereof:



She is our resident shag carpet.

And her primary function is to bring tree-parts inside and evenly spread them around the house.

Her small size does not preclude entire branches from somehow getting caught up and carried into the house.

And then, leaves and sticks and branches that velcro themselves to her outside and refuse to let go suddenly lose hold and drop off immediately after she comes back inside.  

However, although this is probably crazy (especially considering all the things she brings inside), I think she is way cuter with that shaggy look than all cleaned up and manicured. She just doesn't look like she belongs to us when she looks like this:


Don't you agree??!! Is that even Wrigley?

~3~
 
Mrs VdV posted this great link on facebook and I had to share it, too. I highly recommend reading this post! I have never been a big Jim Gaffigan fan, but I found it really inspiring to read about his kids (he has five) and his views on having more. I love how he uses humor when he talks about all of this!


~4~

 I just finished reading my first James Herriott book (other then The Christmas Kitten, which was one of our all-time-favorite kid books growing up).



I enjoyed it immensely (especially because I spent my entire childhood wanting to be a vet), and seriously cried at almost every.single.story. in the book. Reason number 267,345 that I know I'm pregnant. It will be a welcome relief when every little story is no longer deeply emotionally touching. Someday that will happen. I don't know when!



~5~

CRISPIN CAME OVER! It was so much fun to see her the past few days and to catch up! Pure joy! Sadly, I realized after she left that I had taken zero pictures. No! Say it isn't so!

She brought these gorgeous flowers:


I love hydrangeas! And the best part is we can plant them somewhere once it's warm enough. And then we will find out the acidity of our soil! Thanks, Crispin, for such a wonderful time and the lovely flowers!


~6~

Nanny and Mac came over to give Kateri her birthday present. Kateri was very interested in the box . . .



And got really excited when Mac started building her castle. She wanted to help!!




But anyone who has built anything with a one year old knows that their 'help' is not exactly that. So nanny held her during the proceedings .




But Kateri managed to wriggle out before the castle was quite complete . . .




And since completion, she has been working and working to climb that wall on her own!




Yesterday, she finally succeeded. Watch out, world!


~7~

 Vinegar. I have been using this for cleaning (almost everything) lately and I mostly love it.

For many reasons, but one is that it isn't poisonous if swallowed. Plus, I figured the taste would be a natural deterrent for Kateri, who wants to 'try' everything from shampoo bottles to bath salts to birthday cards. Unfortunately that plan backfired, she seems to love the flavor. Seriously, what the heck? What one year old loves vinegar?

Anyway, I've even been even using it on the wood floors, which I'm not so sure is the best-idea-ever for said floors. So, one of my resolutions is to research and figure out an inexpensive easy and simple solution for mopping! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated . . . and I will update my findings at some point in time.


Until then, happy almost-weekend! Thanks, Jen, for hosting 7QT!  













1 comment:

  1. Oh Teresa--this post brought me several laughs which was just what I needed after a long day! You are such a creative writer!

    I can't believe that Kateri likes vinegar! Yuck, that was what I got as a punishment when I was little! ;P
    Also, don't you love it when you can find a candle that actually smells like what it is labeled as?! I'll have to check out that scent!
    Keep up the lovely posts! :)

    ReplyDelete