Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Spring Fever

So, after this surprise day before yesterday:


Pat kept saying, "This is insane. Opening Day is tomorrow, and it's snowing. This is so stupid. Not baseball weather at ALL. And Opening Night is tonight.. . . Why did they have to start Opening Night, anyway? This is BASEBALL, not some Broadway Play!"

But, luckily, just to show old Man Winter the door (hopefully for good this time), spring weather came out in full force and yesterday was gorgeous and sunny and all the plants are getting ready to burst! 


Pat came home early since it was Opening Day (it should be a National Holiday, he always adamently maintains). We got some work done around the house. And even had time for a walk!

Well, I walked. Pat ran with Kateri!



I felt the crazed need of someone shut up in a cold, brown, snowy world to document Every Single Plant and Living Thing. Mostly to convince myself that Spring IS COMING!


When we passed by this:





there was a thunderous cacophony of spring peepers. And if that sounds like hyperbole, it's not, I assure you. They were blaring and croaking and singing their joy at the tops of their lungs and it was NOT quiet or subtle in the least.



I tried to spot one close enough that I could snap a picture on my phone~ but sadly no such luck.


Kateri is also so happy to see the spring!



(Pig tails courtesy of Aunt Mimi).

Today, Mutti, Kateri and I went to Southern States because I have been thinking about CHICKENS! And chicks are so cute and irresistible. So what better time then now to get some and start a little coop outside? We have so many spiders and bugs, and chickens would take care of that problem in no time. Plus, fresh eggs. What could be better?



Kateri was very intrigued by what she saw, and helped pick out a few chicks! Five is a good number for now, we won't need more then four and probably at least one will end up being a rooster anyway!

We can't wait until Pat gets home to show him! 

Addendum: We did not actually buy any chicks, as much as I dearly wanted to. I was hoping to fool Pat in to believing we did get some since, after all, that IS something I would absolutely do! But he is too wise and wasn't fooled at all. Maybe next year! Now I just have to figure out if there is some loop-hole in our HOA laws that would allow backyard chickens . . .

1 comment:

  1. Aww! Love all the pictures...so full of spring joy =) Hope it's here to stay! The chicks are sooo cute! I want to see more pictures!

    ReplyDelete