Monday, April 14, 2014

FAS (Frustrating, Awesome, Saturdays)

For the last few Saturdays I have been working on several home projects.  The first and biggest is building new rabbit cages.  This needed to be done asap because the current $100 piece of crap cages are falling apart after 3 years, thanks Petco.  Three of the rabbits got out and were corralled by Wrigley (the dog not the field in Chicago).  Two of the rabbits were female and the other was a very “friendly” Wyatt.  I am not sure if he showed off his moves he learned from Doc Holiday but one can only imagine, wait don’t, that’s gross.  Anyways, if Wyatt’s two lady friends are expecting we need to get them a decent home.  This maybe Manassas Park but we treat pregnant ladies properly.  I started my journey of making an awesome rabbit cage weeks ago and received great help from my brother and dad.  I wanted a nice cage that would last and thought it would take a day or two.  Well, it turned into a rabbit cage bomb shelter; my rabbits are watching you, Putin.  This thing is a tank and took wayyyyyyyyy longer than a few days to make.  The two female escapeeeees are now in their very nice prison.  It even has roofing; it’s mostly awesome.

Here it is!



Our dishwasher was clogged so being the awesome Mario Brothers plumber that I am, we hand washed dishes for a week but since we do not live in colonial times I decided this needs to get fixed!  I went online to get some ideas.  I poured baking soda and vinegar down the drain.  Not only did this work but I felt like I was working on a high school science fair project except I was actually really doing it and not just making up a report.  It was awesome!!!  Dishwasher volcano!!!

We are also redoing the hallway bathroom.  The main part of this wonderfully fun job is painting the cabinets.  Thanks to Tee they look great!  They look like some high society, country club, Falcon’s Landing, style cabinets; now we just need some sweet fake plants with convincing fake water.  I was putting some final touch-up paint on the side and, when taking the satanic painters tape off, I noticed it took some of the new paint with it.  I gave up cussing after we had Kateri so think of what you would say if you were to stub your toe getting out of the shower in the morning and insert that word.

Due to a tighter budget in preparation of baby G number two, I was not going to get the baseball package on cable this year.  As you all know I love being letdown which is why I am a Cubs fan.  I received an email asking if I wanted to get the package again so I just left it alone but what I did not realize is that it’s an automatic renewal and did not notice this until it was on our bill.  I know this sounds like a total lie and I would not blame you for thinking that; if I was a good liar I might try to swing that but I am terrible at it.  Because it was an “automatic” renewal we did get a discount and Tee is graciously letting me keep it! I knew I married that girl for a reason!  I have stayed up late multiple nights watching our bullpen blow leads and our offense score 3 runs however our young guys have got us a few nice wins!  On that note I would like to send Wrigley Field a belated happy birthday!  I do not know where I would be without you.
 
Here is a picture from my first and only time at Wrigley Field!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment