Monday, April 7, 2014

Stirfry . . . a little of everything

First things first, Happy Birthday to my amazing dad! I unfortunately didn't get many (or any, really) pictures, but we had a great evening celebrating his birthday! Delicious dinner (main course, chicken pot pie~ made by Lu).  Mimi and Johnny got an ice cream cake from Coldstone~ YUM! And it was extra fun because everyone was able to make it, a tricky thing these days.

Here is Kateri waiting for the chicken pot pie:



Which she loved!

So we had a great Monday celebration for Dad! :)

In other mundane news, the bread turned out like this:



Clearly I need to work on my braiding skills. BUT otherwise the loaves turned out fine!

And I made a tuna sandwich the next day,




which did taste better then it looks, I promise! And there was none of that over-risen yeasty flavor I was worried about. Sweet! So, on Saturday, we went to Costco and bought a huge thing of honey for future bread. Now I have no choice other than to use it!

And, on an entirely different topic, a couple weeks ago I took some pictures for Mimi. It goes without saying, Mimi is a bombshell! And, aside from some hilarious pictures like this:



 Buddy co-operated and smiled for the camera.

 
 








 








2 comments:

  1. I think I just drooled reading this--your bread looks fantastic! (A secret I recently learned to helping with braided loaves is to REALLY press out any bubbles in the dough just before you form it. This ensures an even rise. I learned the trick from Paul Hollywood's bread. http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/programmes/b01rhdgt if you haven't seen any of his stuff it's fascinating!) Haha-that first picture of Mimi is hilarious! Love the rest too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Libby! I'm definitely going to check out that link and try that the next time I bake bread :) There is something extra special about the whole braid!

      Delete