Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Winter Workouts

 
 
Yesterday while suffering from a strong case of cabin fever, Kateri and I decided to go on a walk. I was worried it was as frigid as it looked (read: sub-zero arctic like conditions) so I layered Kateri in so many layers I couldn't even zip up her coat. I tried, but the zipper immediately popped open, and this coat is an 18 month coat (K-bear hasn't yet passed her one year birthday!) so she was a stuffed sausage and no mistake! 
 
 
I also decided to try something new to increase my workout while walking. I CARRIED her, yes I carried that little ragamuffin the entire time. I figured it was like a mom-version of those runners who run with weights.
 
 
Well, turns out I was right about one thing. It majorly increased the difficulty of the walk and I started getting hotter and hotter and hotter. Kateri, meanwhile, loved it and excitedly watched every car zoom by, and then she would frantically turn around to see it zoom off, which challenged my arms even more. 
 
 
When we finally got back home (oh my aching arms!), Kateri was just plain happy. She seemed to especially relish the 'being held by mom the entire time' part)!
 

(See all those layers?!) . . . Don't get any ideas, Kateri! It ain't gonna happen often! Especially with your baby brother coming in less than 4 months!

So, I think I will go back to our usual routine, which looks like this:



"Wow, this is good, Mama. Is there Bailey's in here?"


Yep. That is pretty much how we roll around here! That is, when we can get ourselves motivated enough to get bundled and go. Working on that motivation these days!

2 comments: