Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The Text That Made My Day, and the Hallway Transformation

Yesterday, I went to work oh-so-early, long before the sun, Pat, or Kateri woke up. As I drove to work shivering in the dark and waiting for the seat warmer and heater to kick in (oh poor me ;), I kept thinking of how badly I missed the two of them! It is so darling to see Kateri early in the morning. She often wakes up and reads a little book we put in her bed, and she is always in such a happy mood. So, once I was fairly sure Pat would be awake, I shot him a text asking him to send me a picture of Kateri before my mom picked her up and he went to work.


Not long after eight, I got this text:

"Forgot to send you a pic of K-bear, so here is an awkward one of me and The Newest Model."




(With the ultrasound picture!)

This text made my day! I can't help but smile every time I see it!

Pat has a great love of music and sports (primarily baseball and football) as anyone who has spent more than 0.1 seconds talking to him can testify. He finally had a chance to put up some of his treasured pictures in the hallway downstairs post basement flood.

Pat spent a lot of time carefully measuring out every picture and painstakingly planning where each one will go, and, after much effort, revealed the final product:


Many of his favorite things are here . . .

Among them,


(Pat does believe. And hope. And pray)




No wall of Pat's would be complete without the Bears. And this new favorite courtesy of Mikey~




Or his favorite band of all time, Cowboy Mouth. . . Next time you see Pat, ask him how many times he has seen them live. It is not a small number!



And of course, Pat cannot leave out this famous band:


So, just remember, if you ever need someone to organize and hang the pictures in your downstairs hallway, sports-bar, or music venue, Pat is the one to go to!

No comments:

Post a Comment