Sunday, July 6, 2014

Contentment and Baby Crack

These days have really been flying by. I have been trying to drink in these moments :


~and~
 
 
because all too soon, this cutie will be joining in the fun with his big sister . . .


(side note . . . Having a toddler has really made me understand what people were referring to when they said, 'Toddler Diet'. Seriously, how much of what we give them is actually consumed? Luckily we have a dog. I think we would buy one if we didn't already have one for the sole purpose of making our lives easier by helping clean up all that food that ends up on the floor!).


Yes.

So you can take your time in growing up, little Sebastian!

It has really struck me lately how fleeting these days are. Sometimes, it feels like all I do the entire day is change a million diapers and nurse non-stop in between. And when I have a chance to fold a load of laundry or clean a bathroom, it feels like a mini-vacation (weird. but it actually does! never thought I'd EVER say that).

But then I look at these little sweet faces, these faces that change every day. Kateri is so different then she was a year, month, even a week ago! My goal is to really drink each and every moment in and relish the here and now. This is definitely a challenge for me because I tend to look forward to the next step and think, "I just need to get through until this next point". Whether it was the following weekend, a holiday, Christmas break, the next trip overseas, that was always how it went. So it is definitely a shift to try to just focus on the present, but that is my new goal.

Nothing like a sweet little baby (or two!) to make you thankful for these dear precious moments!

The other day, Sebastian was very happy to be held by Mihi (the name Charlotte has given my mom).
Could he possibly look more relaxed and happy?


Not in a rush to get anywhere, just enjoying the present moment!

And yesterday, Sebastian and Kateri got to take a BATH. Sebastian looked like he felt completely at home in the water~ maybe it reminded him of his pre-born days in utero. And Kateri is always thrilled at any opportunity to get in a body of water, whether it is a pool, a big bathtub, or even the kitchen sink!



(Thanks to my mom for snapping these cute photos!) And yes, quite a lot of water ended up on the counter and the floor!



See how content they are? All they need is a sink full of water, and they are thrilled. What simplicity. What a lesson to notice and be thankful for the little things in life.

Yesterday was my birthday, and a wonderful one at that! Pat showered me with gifts and love, Kateri showered me with her joy and cuteness and Sebastian showered me with his sweet smiles! And yes, these smiles are like crack~ they are addicting to look at (for me!) and make me so happy. The only difference is the 'high' is just the same each time!

He just loves to look at you and smile! It is seriously the most charming thing I have ever seen in such a young baby.


And this one. Oh my! I just LOVE this next picture. I cannot get enough of it! Look at that happy sweet baby!



I know I'm pretty biased, but seriously~ how adorable is he??!! pretty impressive for three weeks, right??

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading this post! What a great reminder to live in the moment. I've totally experienced a bathroom cleaning vacation ;-) Sebastian is so darling! I can't get over those smiles!!!

    ReplyDelete