Sunday, July 13, 2014

Answer me this: favorite drink and a buffalo . . . what?!

Linking up for my first time ever with the awesome Kendra from Catholic all year. Excited to go to the internet's favorite virtual cocktail party!



1. How did you get your name?

My mom named me after this saint:




BUT she spelled my name like this saint:

I can't find any pictures of her smiling. BUT she was witty and funny so I'm sure in real life she did.

 
Both of them are amazing, so I consider both of them as patrons!

And my middle name is Marie, after our Lady.

One of my favorite Marian images
If I had been a boy, my name was going to be Kevin. Thank goodness I wasn't a boy (no offense to any Kevin's out there! just not my favorite name :)

2. Do you have a set time for prayer in your day?

No (though I keep thinking I need to schedule something!). Morning offering in the morning~ usually with grace before breakfast.

I love saying the rosary when I run, it feels so efficient and for some weird reason it is easier to concentrate then when I'm sitting, kneeling, or even walking. BUT since I just had a baby and wasn't able to run for the last 29 weeks of the pregnancy (thanks to certain complications), I haven't been able to for some time. SO, I usually try to fit in the Rosary at some point during the day, and that often ends up being in the car on my way to various errands, or at night when I'm up with the baby.

Once a week, we get together with some of our friends for Rosary Night (we pray the rosary and then have a potluck dinner), it is so much fun especially since having littles can make it IMPOSSIBLE to fit in visiting with friends! It is a highlight of every week.

And daily Mass, oh how I need to figure out a way to do this more often. It takes me so long to get Kateri and Sebastian ready to go, and it just never happens in time to make it to Mass. Hopefully as soon as sleeping becomes a bit more prolific, we will do this!

Night prayer with the kiddos is one of my favorite things. We light a candle in their room, and go through all our prayers (which are pretty extensive . . . sometimes I wonder if I should cut them back because they are more like OUR night prayers). BUT it is a nice time for Kateri to really settle down and she (almost always) goes right to sleep once we put her down (which, of course, equals AWESOME!). So for now we'll stick with it!

3. Did your mom work or stay at home or both?

My mom worked as an engineer and was the first woman and first new hire at her company in over twenty years! She was awesome. But she was even more awesome in her decision to stay home with us (big sacrifice!)~ her job wouldn't have been flexible at all hours-wise, so we would have been in daycare all day every day.

I have been so lucky because I am able to work as a nurse, but only for a few hours each week and completely on my own schedule (thanks to my amazing boss. It is perfect). So I feel like I'm keeping a toe in the door (. . . well, maybe just a pinky toe), and it's super nice to be able to bring in a bit of money!  So I sort of do both, but am mostly stay-at-home.

My favorite stethoscope


4. Do you vote?

Yes. Thanks to my husband and parents and in-laws, who are way more in-the-know, and stay more  tuned in then I do.

5. What's your favorite drink?

Mmm it all depends!

Non-alcoholic: real lemonade (Chick-fil-A style) and Sweet Tea (even McDonalds has some mean sweet tea)

Alcoholic: currently, my favorite is hard cider (wish I was sipping one right now!) My favorite cider was served on tap at Pat Troys in Old Towne Alexandria, it was always my go to at Theology on Tap, but sadly the pub is no longer open *tears*. So I am forced to pick another, and my current favorite is Angry Orchard.

Go try it. You won't regret it.



A few weeks ago, it was a mimosa. So much so I wanted Pat to bring some champagne and orange juice to the hospital to celebrate Sebastian's birth. . . But we ended up postponing and drinking mimosas three days later at his baptismal party. At other times, my favorite drink has been: mojitos, anything with pineapple juice, merlot, Patron, and Bailey's Irish Cream. So it definitely depends and changes :)

6. How are your photography skills?

I love photography! But my skills are completely in the very-much-amateur level. However, if I could do anything in the world, I would love to travel across the world and take pictures of people and places and animals.


Poland
Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming

Bread being sold at the Shuq in Jerusalem, it really amazed me how everyone touched everything. And there was no hand sanitizer anywhere!



Looking through a few of my albums has made me want to TRAVEL! 

4 comments:

  1. I got all hooked on hard cider when I was in Ireland and have made my way around testing different kinds. Bulmers/Magners (different names in countries of origins) is my favorite but it's kind of hard to come by. We like to get the Angry Orchard variety pack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hard cider is the best!! How awesome that you really discovered it in Ireland. I am excited to try Bulmers/Magners-- thanks for the recommendation :-)

      Delete
  2. I'm totally with you on the rosary. Somehow if my body is busy, my mind wanders away from the prayers a little less.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That is exactly it. Thank you for stopping by :)

      Delete