Saturday, April 27, 2013

Time is of the Essence

Isn't it always??


Well, I definitely didn't realize how precious time is until I didn't have any. I suppose that is the way of the world! Or perhaps it is God's way to teach me to get off the couch and get moving . . . . as soon as there is any sort of likelihood of accomplishing something (these days, an 'accomplishment' includes nearly everything. I remember one day where the only thing I did was unload the dishwasher. Yes, you read that right! But the smallness of the task doesn't necessarily correlate with the amount one feels accomplished. Oh! And the day the floor was mopped! BOY, that brought such joy of accomplishment. And if the kitchen is clean, the rabbits fed, and the bed made before 11 am, we are having a spectacular accomplished day!) Or perhaps it is just the way we learn to budget our time. I suppose I am just beginning to glimpse that time is one of the most precious commodities we have. Somehow, when I had gobs of it, just begging to be used in a thousand different ways, I didn't understand this!

One person who has given me some time is my Jeanne-pie. It is wonderful to have her over after she finishes school for the day! It is especially a blessing because not only am I able to spend time chatting and catching up, but I am able to cook dinner. GASP! Cook dinner! This means that everything is done and ready to go as soon as Pat walks in the door. This is truly a joy and an accomplishment, as we all know what the hours from 4 to 6:30 or so mean to a baby . . .


Jeanne tries to convince the baby K to snuggle down and sleep . . . (truly what is better than holding a beautiful little one soundly sleeping on your chest?)



Kateri, however, had other ideas.


Do you really think she would want to sleep when she could be enjoying a visit from her dear Auntie Jeanne??

Ha! Not Kateri! Sleep is for mere mortals (but not for Mommy). Kateri understands the value of time!!! And time well spent!


She spends these days smiling at Aunt Jeanne and being CUTE!


Though unfortunately I did not catch the biggest smiles of the day!


Oh that face!


We must enjoy it and drink in every moment; she is growing up and changing so fast! Time is of the essence. And what greater accomplishment is there, really, than the honor of caring for a beautiful creature of God? That is enough accomplishment for me.


Though I must say, writing a blog at 4 am does give me a rather accomplished feel as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment