Friday, March 22, 2013

Are they the lucky ones?


Recently, we had great cause to celebrate St Patrick's day. Not only is it my husband's name-day, but Kateri was just baptized that day. This ensures that we now have double the reason for a day of celebration during Lent!

My mother in law brought over some fun decorations to add to the ones we already have. One thing she brought was a green balloon with "Kiss me, I'm Irish" and "Lucky" and "Cheers" in bright varying shades of green. Very festive!

A day or so after our celebration, Pat walked by the balloon and contemplated it for a moment. Then he said, "What does the 'Luck of the Irish' even mean? Aren't they incredibly un-lucky, all throughout history? I mean, seriously, when have they been 'lucky'? Do you think it's supposed to be kind of tongue in cheek? Maybe it's not such a good thing to wish someone the luck of the Irish."

Hmmm never thought of it like that! What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment