Saturday, September 24, 2016

The Change of Routine that has Changed my life!

Well, at least changed it the past two days!

The other day, I was telling my mom about my challenges getting the evening routine under control. It has been impossible to get these kids to bed before 9 pm, is that terrible or what? So my mom gave me a great suggestion: have the kids bathed and changed into PJ's before Pat gets home! 


This has always seemed an impossible task (she mentioned it once before), but we decided to try it anyway. I even tried bathing all three at the same time. Don't try that one at home, folks. Chiara made it crystal clear that she was not a fan of that idea. Can't say I blame her, considering how Sebastian felt it was his duty to provide a constant stream of water on her head. Other than that, it has been such a huge improvement the 2 days that we have done it, I am determined to keep it up!  


In their PJ's before dinner: SCORE! I think part of the reason this is so helpful is because it forces me to better plan ahead for dinner. It also relaxes the kids so they're in better moods come evening, and much more prepared to settle down as opposed to getting more and more wired, which is what usually happens. Makes for a much more relaxing evening!

And, of course, crazy Clark has to photo-bomb the shot! 
Thanks a million for the tip, mom!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! It's great to find a routine that works well(I may have to try this sometime)!!

    ReplyDelete