Sunday, February 8, 2015

Of goldfish, orange juice, and oreos, OH MY!

So, like I said in my previous post, we all got kinda sick last week. It was a relatively quick moving little bug, both Kateri and I were hit in the middle of the night about 20 minutes apart from each other. After that, all I felt was tired, so so tired.

I have such fond memories of being sick as a kid, mom would always make us a bed on the sofa with extra comfy sheets and blankets and pillows. There was a constant supply of ginger ale, popsicles, and salty crackers. And for entertainment, books and movies. What could be better?? Well, not being sick, I guess, but all those wonderful things made being sick so much more manageable.

Last Tuesday, I really wanted to take care of little Kateri after she was sick, so I made her a little nest on the couch!

I don't think she felt too sick.


But she sure enjoyed those books!


For about 15 minutes . . .


And then, she was up and ready to roll!

However, Kateri was still sick because she was unable to eat eggs, cheese, french toast, applesauce, pancakes, crackers, toast and any number of other things.

Thankfully, Mihi came to the rescue and brought Kateri something she COULD eat:

GOLDFISH!


She ate many many goldfish.


And enjoyed every bite.


Thank you, Mihi! She could also eat popsicles (thank you, aunt Lu), drink orange juice, and eat powdered sugar donuts. Oreos are also on the list of "Ok to consume."

This was a serious bug, to only let her eat those things!!! Thankfully, today she ate two bites of sausage. Maybe she is finally getting better!

1 comment:

  1. What darling pictures! Hope she gets to feeling 100% soon!!

    ReplyDelete