Monday, June 22, 2015

A little garden update

Well, this spring has been a whirlwind, and no blogging at ALL has taken place. I am hoping the summer will slow down a bit and we will have some of those lazy days of summer we always hear about. Maybe then I can sit down and jot down all the little posts I have swirling about in my mind! Time will tell!

For now, here is a very short garden update!

Yesterday, I built our cucumber arch with some PVC pipes and chicken wire. It was really satisfying to put in the garden because the cucumbers, which I planted right before our trip to the beach, have already taken off. I used Uncle Bill's twisty trick to get them started up the arch, and it seems to be working well!


Not the greatest of pictures, but I am really happy how it turned out! You can see all my gladiolas are very vertically challenged and despite all my efforts to straighten them out, persist in growing at a slant!

We have had quite a LOT of rain lately, which has been perfectly splendid for the garden.


The zucchini and squash has grown by leaps and bounds in the past week, and are threatening to overgrow the nearby path! All the wind blew the rasberries over, and they are completely content to fully block THEIR path. I am going to wait until the berries ripen to tie everything back because I don't want to risk any broken branches!

And here is the rest of the garden:


So much to be done :) It is always nice to get in some garden time while the littles are sleeping. It has been hard to get any productive work done while they are both awake, because at least one of them is inevitably getting into some kind of mischief!

While I was snapping these pics from the deck, Kateri and Sebastian were also busy:



Thankful for these wonderful summer days! And I am very much hoping to get a blog up soon about the little party we just had for Sebastian's birthday . . . and all of the fun those two had at the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment