Thursday, September 5, 2013

Crunchy?

I have so much respect for those crunchy granola type moms who cook all their bread from non gmo flour, eat only grass fed beef, drink only fresh milk, eat only free range eggs, use cloth diapers and do baby led weaning. They have lots of neat ideas and some that I'd love to emulate. And there was a time when I considered myself to be of the crunchy leaning wannabe type . . .

Until . . . .

We were out in beautiful West Virginia, in the little town of Thomas, which basically consists of one-half of a street. There is only one side with store fronts because the other side is riverfront, so it is really quite picturesque. We found a little pizza place complete with a real brick oven. After we ordered our pizza from the two hippie brothers with half their heads cut short and part long in a funny little pony tail, Pat asked what sorts of drinks they served.

Well. They served water. But they didn't serve it. Guests went and filled up their water from a little plastic water dispenser. Pat asked if they had any beer on tap. The brother said, "Right now we are just a BYOB place. Still working on the alcohol license." Say What?! is that even legal? Either way, we did take advantage of it.

Meanwhile Pat enjoyed some delicious pizza . . .


And double fisting his BYOB beer . . .

And I greatly enjoyed the pizza as well.


Kateri followed every bit of food as I ate. She could tell the good stuff was there! And she knew she wanted some! So I couldn't deny my dear darling daughter her hearts desire . . . and boy was it EVER her desire . . .



She would not let go and would not stop chewing it. Oh Boy! Did it hit the spot!

So Kateri's first food: pizza.

Not long after, Pat and I decided to use a gift card (LOVE those) and we headed to a nearby ice cream place. We bought all too much ice cream. But someone was ready to help us eat it!


Oh boy! yum yum yummy!!!

\
And yes she absolutely loved every bite!


So, the other day, while considering my crunchiness (or complete lack thereof), I realized my daughters first two foods were pizza and ice-cream. She loved them! And I love them too. So, while we will at least occasionally eat super de duper healthy, I am going to just kiss my crunchiness goodbye for now. We all need some scrumptious unhealthy splurges every now and then, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment